My heart’s first home,
and hand’s first prize.
she’s compassion personified.
Picture courtsey: Pinterest
Hey everyone, 🙂
I have been hoarding glass bottles lately with a sincere intention of crafting something nice for my room. Read ‘lately’ as a few months..jeez.. really!!! You keep thinking of doing something but can not find the time. Does it happen to you too? Now talking about time, would ya believe this craft took only about an hour to complete from scratch. No i am not boasting, you can try for yourself. I couldnt click any pictures while making it, but i will explain all the steps.
1. Remove the label from your bottle. You can do that by immersing it in a bucket of water for a couple of hours. It will dissolve the glue and your label will come off like butter.
2. Apply glue on the bottle and start wrapping a thick string or thread from the top. Wrap it all the way to the bottom and secure the free end with glue.
3. These flowers have been made out of egg carton boxes. Its quite easy. I am sure you’ll figure it out.
4. Then paste them onto your bottle with glue.
Go ahead and try. Dont forget to send a link to me. Would love to see.
Hey everyone, 🙂
Got nominated for a new award by my fellow blogger Jem @ https://jemverse.wordpress.com/ . Its called Liebster award and I am thankful and glad i got this nomination. I’m supposed to answer a few questions, list 11 random facts about myself, nominate a few blogs i like and give them my set of 11 questions to answer. And the cycle goes on like that.
So, here it goes,
The desire to do everything
before the sands of time run out,
is what inspires me.
I read a lot of books
sometimes wishing i could write
something remotely powerful and emphatic
as Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
My first blog posting,
apart from being an introductory note
was about a tetrapack turned
into a pen holder.
My journal and a pen is
my most prized possession,
that i would grab first
if ever stuck in an earthquake.
I would choose to be yellow
if i could be a colour,
coz it brings cheer
to life’s pallor.
I love to travel
and the world’s on my list.
My first pet was a dog
Wild lillies are my favourite
they grow everywhere,
even on hardest rocks.
I admire Stephen Hawking
among other inspirational people.
And my favourite song at the moment
that been on repeat for quite some time
is “Elastic heart”.
11 random facts about creativnerd:
1. I started to learn violin but my instructor left his job in two months. I turned out to be a difficult student i guess.
2. If i could have my way, I would get every dog on the street to my place.
3. I love ice-cream and mint-chocolate chip ice-cream is my favourite (Baskin-Robbins).
4. My favourite colour is yellow, even though my wardrobe is full of red and white.
5. I have a secret journal that i have been maintaining since i was twelve.
6. I am currently reading Shantaram…for the fifth time. Just love the book.
7. Few months back I brought home an injured bird. I bandaged its broken wing and fed him for weeks and named it Moe, meaning ‘saved’ in Hebrew.
8. Tom and Jerry is my favourite cartoon show.
9. I have always had a pixie crop in school.
10. I can survive on pizza and mango.
Just like any other blog award, there are few rules :
I am nominating the following bloggers:
Now, if you choose to accept the award, here is your set of questions:
1. Which word best describes you?
2. Your favourite author and book?
3. First thing you would grab in case of an earthquake.
4. Which city in the world would to like to live in?
5. Your favourite workout?
6. Which app do you use most often on your phone?
7. Your favourite colour and why?
8. Who introduced you to wordpress?
9. Whats your dream profession?
10. Your current fav song.
Enjoy answering. and send a link to you blog post.
Hey everyone, 🙂
I got a canvas board a year back, started this artwork two months ago and finally its complete. Well, actually it still needs to dry thoroughly, so i can write my name in bottom right corner but I am freaking out on its completion and sharing it right away.
Tell me your views about it.
Been MIA since a long time, i know. A lot has happened over the past few months. Among other things, I have experienced unending shopping ordeals and have been inflicted with pain and erythema by ‘professionals’, who left a big hole in my father’s wallet, in esthetically designed chambers people call ‘salons’. You get the idea. It was a three month preparation spree for my ‘project wedding’.
Finally, I got hitched to ‘my sun and stars’. He used to roll his eyes and smile at me every time i called him by that name, which seemed rather cute at first, but then i realized his selective memory loss towards cute nicknames and that called for a ‘Game of Thrones’ all night marathon. Now his caller id says ‘moon of my life’ whenever i call.
The latter three months of my ‘missing time’ were spent running around, keeping deadlines at work etc . I haven’t had a breather ever since i stepped on this, as i like to call it, trampoline of togetherness.
Everyday is a new discovery and i am enjoying every bit of it. I missed this space, but It feels great to be here again, in my blogsphere…doing what i love.
See you around people!!
High above or down below,
Driving fast or flying slow.
Once you start, you cant stop,
gotta keep moving with the flow.
Keep your balance, hold my hand
Jump as high as you can.
Watch this space!! You ‘ll get to hear more about my ‘gravity-defying’ experiences on this trampoline, coz its here to stay for eternity.
Image courtesy: Pinterest
If only Life had a shape
one too easy for me to envision,
I would see it as a mystical orb.
Bright and beautiful
but sometimes twisted and evil.
No matter how high you swing
you end up at the beginning.
No matter who you push or kill
you often get what you give.
Coz life goes on in circles
with no end….and no borders.
Someone bigger than you and me
spins a thread around
this brightly coloured orb,
and never misses a spot.
Hey everyone, 🙂
Its been a while, i know. But i am back …with a piece i wrote during a poetry competition when i was in class 7. The topic given was ‘Alien attack’… and this is what my 12 year old brain created.
Sirens blaring on chaotic streets.
Sky spitting fire from metal sheets.
Shiny saucers floating in the sky.
Creepy ogres laughing as people die.
Our world bleeds at their hands
as they trample and destroy our land.
Is this what they call apocalypse??
The invasion of our world by alien ships.